Home Learning HUB
***NOTE: The materials on these pages were used in the Lockdowns. If you struggle to find things, there are new Year Group Pages which can be found here.***
Click on the links to take you to the correct page:
Now that school is closed to most children we have moved to our blended learning approach. Note: It is important that children only complete the work for each day and not race ahead.
Please find activities in the corresponding Phase Group Folder for your child to complete in order to continue their learning at home. Please continue to use ClassDojo to contact the class teacher and submit any work where necessary.
Additional Guidance For Parents
Please make sure you stay safe online and follow all the rules that you would normally do in school. Click here for some online safety tips.
Class teachers will also be using Class Dojo to communicate with parents. Please see the FAQs below for more details.
If you run out of things to do, there is a list of websites that may interest you.
Enjoy your learning, just remember to stay safe!
Class Dojo (A useful guide of how we give out Dojos can be found below)
Supporting Home Learning
Follow this guidance below to create a positive learning environment at home.
There's a screen time guide for parents below too.
Please also find a guide in supporting pupils with learning difficulties or ASD. There are some really useful strategies and ideas for fun indoor activities!
Home Learning Printing Expectations
Following on from a parent enquiry regarding paper usage, we are pleased reiterate to parents there is no expectation to print work off. Our online learning activities are balanced in terms of printable activities and online resources. However, we have looked into how we can do our bit for the environment and have made a video on how to use the snipping tool which allows you to complete the work online and upload without printing.
Free Amazon Audio Stories
Amazon have removed the subscription to books and audio stories for children and students of all ages. Kids can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories in six different languages. All stories can be streamed on the desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Please us the following link https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
A Message for Parents
If your child is ill, there is no expectation that they should be working. Use your judgement, depending on the age of the child - activities are best kept to 30 minutes to an hour with breaks built in accordingly. Fresh air in the garden is a must.
There are lots or resources in the 'Useful Online Resources' link. Now that we have returned to school since September our online learning has changed. We provide online learning for children who are self isolating at home.
Support for children with learning needs - If your child has a learning need and finds the work too hard, please support your child in their work and/or contact Mrs Briggs, our school SENCO who will be happy to help where she can.
Equally don't forget about your child's mental health. Click here for some advice on how to support you child who is worried about COVID-19.
When children return to school we will celebrate some of the wonderful work and their achievements during this period.
Class Dojos at Home
It is important to note the following:
- Certificates are given at the end of the week for one child per class who has stood out for the value of the week. These rotate half-termly.
- Children earn their bronze, silver or gold award by collecting 3, 4 or 5 different petals respectively within one week (and received by 3pm on Friday to allow these to be posted on Class Dojo – work completed after the Friday deadline will be added to the following week). These are awarded privately to a child’s portfolio by the class teacher to ensure that children remain motivated but are not able to directly compare themselves to their peers.
- Children are able to (and are positively encouraged to) earn more than one of the same colour each week – teachers keep an eye out for those really excelling and highlight them as examples.
- Individual classes have extra personalised rewards on Class Dojo, which will give the children points although these will not count towards their bronze, silver and gold award. These are things that would perhaps earn a special sticker or in-class reward if we were in school.
- This is not to be seen as a competition but is based on the child as an individual, so children will be rewarded based on their unique characteristics as the teacher sees appropriate.
- It is not only uploaded work that can be rewarded. If you are struggling to upload work to the portfolio, do not have time to post work online or have done something outside of the suggested tasks, simply send this in a ClassDojo message to the class teacher and they can award points. We encourage children to use their portfolios to keep all of their work in one place for easy viewing, but fully understand that some people are finding this tricky to keep up with in current circumstances and do not wish to add to anyone’s stress.
- Not every piece of work will necessarily receive a petal. This does not mean the work has not been acknowledged, but it is important for children to feel like they have earned their rewards fairly.