Support Materials During COVID-19
Welcome to our newly created page with online learning resources. Please make sure you stay safe online and follow all the rules that you would normally do in school. Click here for some online safety tips.
Class teachers will also be using Class Dojo to communicate with parents. Please see the FAQs below for more details.
Click on the year group tab to the right to find out what activities are ready for you to complete. If you run out of things to do, there is a list of websites that may interest you.
Enjoy your learning, just remember to stay safe!
Class Dojo (A useful guide of how we give out Dojos can be found below)
Supporting home learning
Follow this guidance below to create a positive learning environment at home.
There's a screen time guide for parents below too.
Please also find a guide in supporting pupils with learning difficulties or ASD. There are some really useful strategies and ideas for fun indoor activities!
Home Learning Printing Expectations
Following on from a parent enquiry regarding paper usage, We are pleased reiterate to parents there is no expectation to print work off. Our online learning activities are balanced in terms of printable activities and online resources. However, we have looked into how we can do our bit for the environment and have made a video on how to use the snipping tool which allows you to complete the work online and upload without printing.
Free Amazon Audio Stories
Amazon have removed the subscription to books and audio stories for children and students of all ages. Kids can instantly stream an incredible collection of stories in six different languages. All stories can be streamed on the desktop, laptop, phone or tablet.
Please us the following link https://stories.audible.com/start-listen
A message for parents
Due to the Coronavirus, we have created a list of activities that your child can complete at home. If your child is ill, there is no expectation that they should be working. Use your judgement, depending on the age of the child - activities are best kept to 30 minutes to an hour with breaks built in accordingly. Fresh air in the garden is a must.
There are lots or resources in the 'Useful Online Resources' link opposite. School has been closed since Friday 20th March 2020, teachers have uploaded activities for the children to complete during the day. Have fun.
Support for children with learning needs - If your child has a learning need and finds the work too hard, please support your child in their work and/or contact Mrs Briggs, our school SENCO who will be happy to help where she can.
If you run out of activities, look at the Useful Online Resources link on the right.
Equally don't forget about your child's mental health. Click here for some advice on how to support you child who is worried about COVID-19.
When children return to school we will celebrate some of the wonderful work and their achievements during this period.
Class Dojos at home
It is important to note the following:
- Certificates are given at the end of the week for one child per class who has stood out for the value of the week. These rotate half-termly.
- Children earn their bronze, silver or gold award by collecting 3, 4 or 5 different petals respectively within one week (and received by 3pm on Friday to allow these to be posted on Class Dojo – work completed after the Friday deadline will be added to the following week). These are awarded privately to a child’s portfolio by the class teacher to ensure that children remain motivated but are not able to directly compare themselves to their peers.
- Children are able to (and are positively encouraged to) earn more than one of the same colour each week – teachers keep an eye out for those really excelling and highlight them as examples.
- Individual classes have extra personalised rewards on Class Dojo, which will give the children points although these will not count towards their bronze, silver and gold award. These are things that would perhaps earn a special sticker or in-class reward if we were in school.
- This is not to be seen as a competition but is based on the child as an individual, so children will be rewarded based on their unique characteristics as the teacher sees appropriate.
- It is not only uploaded work that can be rewarded. If you are struggling to upload work to the portfolio, do not have time to post work online or have done something outside of the suggested tasks, simply send this in a ClassDojo message to the class teacher and they can award points. We encourage children to use their portfolios to keep all of their work in one place for easy viewing, but fully understand that some people are finding this tricky to keep up with in current circumstances and do not wish to add to anyone’s stress.
- Not every piece of work will necessarily receive a petal. This does not mean the work has not been acknowledged, but it is important for children to feel like they have earned their rewards fairly.
- Key worker children in school are able to be awarded points by the staff present, or are able to inform class teachers of any points earned.