Physicality for writing is the first thing we focus on to prepare our little ones for writing. This is a fun activity that works on children's hand and wrist strength whilst developing their co-ordination and endurance.
All you need is a ball of dough and a little bit of enthusiasm.
Dough Disco involves several simple movements that are then put into fun songs.
- Rolling the dough into a ball
- Squeezing the dough
- Patting the dough
- Splatting the dough
- Pinching the dough around the outside
- Rolling the dough into a sausage shape.
Please see below some helpful videos to follow.
Cooked Playdough Recipe
- 2 cups of plain flour (it does not matter what size cup you use as long as you keep it a consistent size)
- ¾ cup of table salt.
- 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar (this is optional but keeps it fresher)
- 2 cups of warm water.
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Food colouring (optional)