Global Links - International Abassadors
Our International Ambassadors club had their grand opening on Thursday 25th September 2014 and celebrated by cutting the ribbon, having a photo shoot and eating chocolate cake! We are working with the Chernobyl Children's Life Line (CCLL) charity in Nottingham to educate the children about the Chernobyl disaster and the impact it has on people living in the Ukraine and Belarus (even now, after 28 years). In July 2015 the charity hopes to bring about 10 children (probably about 8-11 years old) from Borodianka in the Ukraine to Nottingham, for a 4 week respite holiday to boost their immune systems. We are the only school in Nottingham that is linked to the Nottingham CCLL charity so hopefully the Ukrainian children will be able to come to Round Hill in July and spend some time with our children.
As you know we are working with the Chernobyl Children's Life Line (CCLL) charity, and children from the Ukraine will be visiting Nottingham in July - August 2015. Whilst they are in Nottingham they will be spending time at Round Hill and getting involved with various activities. The charity relies on host families who invite 1 or 2 children to stay with them for 2 or 4 weeks. They are looking for more host families, but also support families who could step in if the host family has other commitments during the visit. If you are interested in finding out more about hosting, supporting or helping the charity in another way Miss Smith would be delighted to hear from you! There will be an informal meeting to share more information and answer any questions you may have, we will let you know the date of the meeting soon but please let Miss Smith or your child's teacher know if you are interested.
Integrating the global dimension as a theme which links subjects, events and our schools.
We will establish and maintain high standards by:
- Monitoring and evaluating our partnership
- Our Headteacher and Community Cohesion Teacher having roles in our partnership
- Strengthening our partnership as we continue on our global journey
Our educational objectives are to:
- To develop critical thinking around global issues
- To weave the global dimension throughout our school curriculum
- To establish professional debate and discussion amongst all pupils and staff
- To share and complete joint curricular projects
Values and Principles
Our values and principles are:
- To develop values in a global context
- To develop an inclusive learning community
- To promote open-mindedness and a willingness to learn from the experience of others
- To value all people as equal and different