Week Beginning 27th April
This week we are looking at counting in tenths! A tenth is what we get when we divide something by 10. When we divide 1 by 10, we get ⅒!
Day 1: Read through the Intro to Tenths sheet and answer the questions.
Day 2: Complete the Counting in Tenths sheet.
Day 3: This activity is designed to challenge you! Have a go at the Tenths – Diving Deeper sheet. You can talk through your answers with a parent or sibling.
Activity: Can you find anything in your house and garden that you can divide into tenths? (e.g. bar of chocolate, a leaf). Remember when we divide things up in this way, we must do it equally, so every section or piece needs to be the same size.
See the attached LIteracy plan for activities this week.
This week, we would like you to continue learning about plants. We are focusing on what plants need to grow and we will think about this in detail. There is a video to watch and then some information to read. Your task is then to create a guide on how to look after a plant. You could create a video, poster or information leaflet. Then share this on your Dojo portfolio. All of this information is on the What Plants Need to Grow Powerpoint.
Food is a big part of Roald Dahl's books. He uses some amazing language to describe delicious chocolates, scrumdiddlyumptious cakes and whizz popping sweets but there's also some disgusting food too. Mrs Twit makes Worm Spaghetti for Mr Twit!
Your topic activity this week is to design a meal or snack for your family and make it if possible. You could design a meal for the family dinner, bake some biscuits or think about what ingredients you would like in a smoothie. Make sure it's tastier than Worm Spaghetti!
- Watch a clip from ‘The Twit’s’ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eWvyB-QvbVA
- Look at the Food hygiene powerpoint then, with an adult, discuss how you will keep yourself safe whilst preparing and making your food.
- Decide which meal / snack you would like to make and check that you have all the ingredients you will need.
- WITH ADULT SUPERVISION prepare and make your meal / snack. Don’t forget to take a photo before you eat it – you can upload it to the Dojo website and make your teacher hungry!
- As an extra challenge, write out a recipe card and draw your meal / snack. You could start your own cookery book!
Have a go at the Purple Mash activity choosing nouns or pronouns in a sentence. This has been set as a 2Do when you log in. Good luck!